Roundhouse

Location

Chalk Farm Road
London
United Kingdom

 

 

The Roundhouse is a former engine shed (or roundhouse) now used as an arts and concert venue in Chalk Farm, London. Built in 1846, it ceased to be used as an engine shed by 1867, and underwent various uses before being abandoned just before the Second World War. It re-opened in 1964, now as an arts venue, when the playwright Arnold Wesker established the theatre company Centre 42 in the building.

The Roundhouse has hosted various notable concerts, including the launch of the underground paper International Times in 1966 and The Doors in 1968. (Wikipedia)

Shows At This Venue: